Warning: This page has not been updated in over over a year and may be outdated or deprecated.
Cookbook / How-Tos
It is often helpful to have step-by-step instructions or a hands-on example when solving a new problem in VuFind. This page brings together solutions to common VuFind tasks.
- Adding Facets - How to add a new facet to searches.
- Building a Controller - How to add new pages and functionality to the interface.
- Building a View Helper - How to add custom behavior to templates.
- Connecting a New External Data Source - Building a VuFind module for a new data source that can't be indexed directly into VuFind (i.e. third-party API)
- Customizing the User Interface - Basics on customizing the presentation layer of VuFind.
- Displaying a Custom Field - How to make a new field visible in the VuFind environment.
- Displaying a New Search Field - How to add search fields to the VuFind web interface
- Supporting a New Citation Style - How to add a citation style to VuFind.
- Supporting a New Export Format - How to add support to export metadata from VuFind to files/third-party systems.
- Supporting a New Metadata Format - How to add a record driver and build an importer for non-MARC records.
- Using LESS - How to use LESS to generate CSS in the bootstrap3/bootprint3 themes (and their children).
Also be sure to look at the plugins page for information on extending various aspects of VuFind, such as adding support for new ILS drivers, record types, etc., etc.
development/howtos.txt · Last modified: 2020/10/05 14:11 by demiankatz