Warning: This page has not been updated in over over a year and may be outdated or deprecated.
Cookbook / How-Tos
It is often helpful to have step-by-step instructions or a hands-on example when solving a new problem in VuFind. This page brings together solutions to common VuFind tasks.
- Adding Facets - How to add a new facet to searches.
- Building a Controller - How to add new pages and functionality to the interface.
- Building a View Helper - How to add custom behavior to templates.
- Connecting a New External Data Source - Building a VuFind module for a new data source that can't be indexed directly into VuFind (i.e. third-party API)
- Customizing the User Interface - Basics on customizing the presentation layer of VuFind.
- Displaying a Custom Field - How to make a new field visible in the VuFind environment.
- Displaying a New Search Field - How to add search fields to the VuFind web interface
- Supporting a New Citation Style - How to add a citation style to VuFind.
- Supporting a New Export Format - How to add support to export metadata from VuFind to files/third-party systems.
- Supporting a New Metadata Format - How to add a record driver and build an importer for non-MARC records.
- Using LESS - How to use LESS to generate CSS in the bootstrap3/bootprint3 themes (and their children).
development/howtos.txt · Last modified: 2020/10/05 14:11 by demiankatz