Warning: This page has not been updated in over over a year and may be outdated or deprecated.
Table of Contents
This page collects information on working with a fully installed, configured and indexed VuFind® system – everything to do with day-to-day operations is linked from here.
Day to Day Operations
- Automation - Automating common VuFind® tasks (Solr indexing, startup, etc.)
- Command Line Utilities - Notes on non-web-based tools for interacting with VuFind®.
- Production Checklist - Important details to consider when going live with VuFind®.
- Starting and Stopping Solr - How to turn your new discovery server on and off.
- VuFind® for Project Managers - Notes on managing a VuFind® implementation.
- NPM Scripts - Command-line tool for front end tasks like pre-style compilation.
- PHP Settings - Notes on PHP settings that may affect VuFind®.
- Linking to VuFind® from External Systems - Notes on integrating VuFind® with other software.
- Search Engine Optimization - Exposing your content to search engines (see also robots.txt for notes on blocking crawlers).
- Searching Subscription Databases in VuFind® - Access your subscription content in the same interface as your catalog.
- Fault Tolerance and Load Balancing - Notes on high availability.
- Performance - Getting the best performance out of VuFind®. (See also: Testing Performance).
- Security - Ensuring that your VuFind® installation is secure.
- Solr Replication - Notes on configuring Solr replication.
- Squid Reverse Proxy Notes - Notes on using the Squid reverse proxy with VuFind® (somewhat outdated).
- Usability - Making sure VuFind® is serving your users as well as it can.
See the Third-Party Add-ons page for some additional software that may meet some of your needs.
administration.txt · Last modified: 2023/03/22 18:29 by demiankatz