Table of Contents
Virtual VuFind® Summit 2022
Call for Papers
Since 2007, the VuFind® Community has been building and maintaining the most flexible and feature-rich open source discovery system for libraries and other cultural heritage institutions all over the world. The project has a long history of annual Summits to share information and plan for the future. This year, the Summit will continue as an online event, designed as a companion to WOLFcon 2022, which will feature some in-person VuFind® content.
We call for participation at the Virtual VuFind® Summit 2022, beginning 7 September 2022, with main tracks taking place from 01:00 pm UTC until 04:00 pm UTC.
Possible topics for talks and training sessions could include:
- Development Tools / Best Practices
- Technical “Deep Dives” (covering VuFind® code, tools or dependencies)
- Briefings on Noteworthy VuFind® Instances
- Project Management and Sustainability
Please note that it is not intended to limit the contribution to these areas - we are welcoming any and all contributions of possible interest to VuFind® developers and users!
While we hope to offer a rich program of structured talks on the topics highlighted above (and more), we also welcome alternative and creative contributions for interactive training sessions, conversations about the concerns of particular regions (including opportunities for sessions in languages other than English), and social events that could help expand participation and engagement and bring the community closer together in spite of being physically distant.
Accepted formats for the summit
- Talks – 20 minutes with additional 10 minutes q&a (in English language, please let us know if you have time preferences).
- Lightning Talks – registration will be provided at the summit (in English language).
- Training - hands-on session on specific practical topics of variable length (in English language, please let us know if you have time preferences).
- Custom – any other contribution which opens space for participation and engagement (any language, any time).
Deadline / Submission Details
Please submit your applications for talks or any other contribution through the online submission form before 7 June 2022 at 12 pm UTC+2.