Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: May 24, 2016
Attending: Chris Delis, Matthias Edel, Leila Gonzalez, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, André Lahmann
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1175 - This ticket tracks the desire to maintain the user's last state of the “retain filters” checkbox using cookies or browser storage.
- VUFIND-1176 - This ticket tracks the task of factoring the VuFind OAI-PMH harvester to its own project (as discussed on the previous call).
- VUFIND-1178 - Bug report regarding autocomplete in release 3.0; a fix has been committed and will be included in release 3.0.1.
- #703 - in progress - Work on improving namespace handling in the OAI-PMH harvester (there is currently a bug which can result in invalid XML being generated due to duplicate namespace declarations).
- #704 - in progress - Work on adjusting VuFind's Composer, Phing and Travis configurations to make it easier to use various tools, to simplify continuous integration, and to improve consistency across platforms/servers. Demian plans to merge this soon unless someone objects.
- #707 - merged - Minor improvement to new Koha ILS driver.
2. Development Planning
- see PR #659
- less → sass conversion
- coming soon: wiki page for further plugin support
- see PR #693 for progress
- interface now allows more navigation possibilities
- still many details on to-do list
JS Code Styling with ESLint
General Status Update
- Plan to merge Bootstrap Media Objects (PR 679) and facets modal (PR 678) soon. Discussed whether or not facets modal should be on by default – suggested that instead of a pure “on/off” setting, to have a setting that controls the behavior of the “more” link – in one mode, it can immediately open the lightbox; in another mode, it can expand as it did historically, revealing an “all facets” or “more options” button at the bottom that opens the lightbox.
No news this week.
As noted above, Demian has created a JIRA ticket for OAI-PMH harvest refactoring; no other news.
Next ZF Version
No news this week.
Improved Use of Permissions
Oliver has made some further updates to his pull request. This remains a work in progress, and feedback is welcome.
Improved Geographic Features
Leila has spent the last two weeks getting her 3.0 instance up and running; she will have more to report on geographic features next time.
GitHub Features (tagging, PR templates, etc.)
PR template has been removed. Chris will work on README / Wiki updates soon.
Release Date for 3.0.1
The possibility of releasing 3.0.1 on Monday, May 30th or Monday, June 6th was discussed. We decided on Monday, May 30th. Demian will prepare the release this week.
3. Institutional Home, Revisited
Demian is continuing to investigate this subject; he has more meetings over the next two weeks that may yield more information to be discussed next time. One topic that may be worth discussing: the possibility of re-licensing to a newer open source license (GPL2 is not necessarily the most popular choice these days).
4. Other Topics?
Chris and Demian are working to shut down the VuDL project in JIRA, as this has caused some confusion and is no longer in active development. (As previously noted, a new generation of Digital Library functionality for VuFind may be developed in future depending on needs).
André and Claas have been concentrating on their impending live release; they will contribute more to the project once this launch has been completed.
The next call will be Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).