Table of Contents
PMC Meeting: March 14, 2022
Attending: Oliver Goldschmidt, Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, André Lahmann, Ere Maijala, Mohan Pradhan
Apologies: Craig Murdoch, Leander Seige, Hajo Seng
1. Review of Action Items from Previous Meeting
- Demian: Continue moving OLF membership process forward. DONE
- Demian: include authority data discussion on a future Community Call agenda. TODO IN MAY
- Hajo: share WOLFcon schedule details with the PMC to support further planning. DONE
- Demian: set up instance report form to email to Chris; link to form from installation list. DONE
- Demian: review Open Data Sources wiki page and develop proposals for discussion next time. DONE
- Demian: share voting links (and personal opinions, if any) with OLF officers. DONE
- Demian: send summary of outstanding theme-related pull requests to PMC members for final review. DONE
- ALL: review the draft Registered Service Provider Agreement and leave comments for deeper discussion next time. ONGOING
2. WOLFcon 2022
Hajo was unable to attend the meeting, so no updates were provided.
Some placeholder sessions were proposed on the WOLFcon schedule.
We are still awaiting details on whether payment will be required for online participation.
André and Hajo have been discussing the possibility of setting up a workshop for some special interest group / consortium level discussions.
Demian has reorganized the Open Data Sources page and removed some outdated information. Some of the newly-created subpages need to be reviewed and updated:
- MeSH needs to be updated to reflect the latest version of the standard
- DoAJ needs to be tested and updated
- InTech Open needs to be tested and potentially moved to a bundled example rather than code-in-wiki.
- NDLTD needs to be tested and updated to reflect code in Git rather than SVN
- PubMed Central needs to be tested and updated
- Linked Data needs to be reviewed and updated
Demian and Mohan will continue updating subpages as time permits.
4. OLF Update
OLF membership is now official.
- Migrate JIRA
- Set up meeting between OLF team and VuFind officers
5. Release Planning
There will be sprint planning during the April meeting. We discussed whether to focus on theme or Doctrine migration, and how to structure the call.
At University of Leipzig, resources have been freed up to support theme/accessibility work.
Consensus: focus on theme first.
Structure: Chris will do orientation at beginning; we'll discuss design and look for gaps/issues. We'll go through the list of open pull requests that need testing/completion. We should also identify resources and see if we can assign people to major areas of work.
It will probably take more than one meeting before we actually get to a “real” sprint, but we'll iterate toward that.
Demian will schedule a follow-up meeting for March 23 at the same time as this call to follow up.
6. Registered Service Provider Agreement
The RSP agreement draft will be discussed next time (delayed due to Craig's unavailability). This allows more time for review of the document.
7. Possible Future Actions
Some other possible items for the future:
- Develop a fundraising communication plan - after February resource planning
- Discuss a strategy for approaching VuFind services vendors (both for funding support and trademark compliance)
- Develop a documentation maintenance plan
- Investigate Dokuwiki enhancements (“old page” alerts, “page ownership” mechanism)
- Community Call restructuring / marketing
- “Good first issue” highlighting
- Outreach to forks for new feature contributions
- Marketing project (better VuFind definition, website improvements, etc.)
- Publication / presentation efforts related to PMC and sustainability
Demian checked in on the status of video editing. Leila will work on more Summit videos, and Chris will work on the Community Call output.
- Demian: Follow up with OLF on next steps (kick-off meeting, JIRA migration).
- Demian: include authority data discussion on May Community Call agenda.
- Demian/Mohan: make further progress on updating Open Data Sources wiki pages.
- Demian: schedule follow-up meeting for sprint planning.
- Chris: develop plans for sprint discussion at April Community Call.
- Chris/Leila: make progress on video editing queue.
- ALL: review the draft Registered Service Provider Agreement and leave comments for deeper discussion next time.