About Features Downloads Getting Started Documentation Events Support GitHub

Site Tools


Warning: This page has not been updated in over over a year and may be outdated or deprecated.
community:pmc_meetings:minutes20220314

PMC Meeting: March 14, 2022

Attending: Oliver Goldschmidt, Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, André Lahmann, Ere Maijala, Mohan Pradhan

Apologies: Craig Murdoch, Leander Seige, Hajo Seng

1. Review of Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • Demian: Continue moving OLF membership process forward. DONE
  • Demian: include authority data discussion on a future Community Call agenda. TODO IN MAY
  • Hajo: share WOLFcon schedule details with the PMC to support further planning. DONE
  • Demian: set up instance report form to email to Chris; link to form from installation list. DONE
  • Demian: review Open Data Sources wiki page and develop proposals for discussion next time. DONE
  • Demian: share voting links (and personal opinions, if any) with OLF officers. DONE
  • Demian: send summary of outstanding theme-related pull requests to PMC members for final review. DONE
  • ALL: review the draft Registered Service Provider Agreement and leave comments for deeper discussion next time. ONGOING

2. WOLFcon 2022

Hajo was unable to attend the meeting, so no updates were provided.

Some placeholder sessions were proposed on the WOLFcon schedule.

We are still awaiting details on whether payment will be required for online participation.

André and Hajo have been discussing the possibility of setting up a workshop for some special interest group / consortium level discussions.

3. Documentation

Demian has reorganized the Open Data Sources page and removed some outdated information. Some of the newly-created subpages need to be reviewed and updated:

  • MeSH needs to be updated to reflect the latest version of the standard
  • DoAJ needs to be tested and updated
  • InTech Open needs to be tested and potentially moved to a bundled example rather than code-in-wiki.
  • NDLTD needs to be tested and updated to reflect code in Git rather than SVN
  • PubMed Central needs to be tested and updated
  • Linked Data needs to be reviewed and updated

Demian and Mohan will continue updating subpages as time permits.

4. OLF Update

OLF membership is now official.

Next steps:

  • Migrate JIRA
  • Set up meeting between OLF team and VuFind officers

5. Release Planning

There will be sprint planning during the April meeting. We discussed whether to focus on theme or Doctrine migration, and how to structure the call.

At University of Leipzig, resources have been freed up to support theme/accessibility work.

Consensus: focus on theme first.

Structure: Chris will do orientation at beginning; we'll discuss design and look for gaps/issues. We'll go through the list of open pull requests that need testing/completion. We should also identify resources and see if we can assign people to major areas of work.

It will probably take more than one meeting before we actually get to a “real” sprint, but we'll iterate toward that.

Demian will schedule a follow-up meeting for March 23 at the same time as this call to follow up.

6. Registered Service Provider Agreement

The RSP agreement draft will be discussed next time (delayed due to Craig's unavailability). This allows more time for review of the document.

7. Possible Future Actions

Some other possible items for the future:

  • Develop a fundraising communication plan - after February resource planning
  • Discuss a strategy for approaching VuFind services vendors (both for funding support and trademark compliance)
  • Develop a documentation maintenance plan
  • Investigate Dokuwiki enhancements (“old page” alerts, “page ownership” mechanism)
  • Community Call restructuring / marketing
  • “Good first issue” highlighting
  • Outreach to forks for new feature contributions
  • Marketing project (better VuFind definition, website improvements, etc.)
  • Publication / presentation efforts related to PMC and sustainability

Other Items

Demian checked in on the status of video editing. Leila will work on more Summit videos, and Chris will work on the Community Call output.

Action Items

  • Demian: Follow up with OLF on next steps (kick-off meeting, JIRA migration).
  • Demian: include authority data discussion on May Community Call agenda.
  • Demian/Mohan: make further progress on updating Open Data Sources wiki pages.
  • Demian: schedule follow-up meeting for sprint planning.
  • Chris: develop plans for sprint discussion at April Community Call.
  • Chris/Leila: make progress on video editing queue.
  • ALL: review the draft Registered Service Provider Agreement and leave comments for deeper discussion next time.
community/pmc_meetings/minutes20220314.txt · Last modified: 2022/03/14 15:37 by demiankatz