Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: June 21, 2016
Attending: Laurie Gemmill Arp, Chris Delis, Matthias Edel, Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Jochen Lienhard
1. Development Updates
No news this cycle (apart from progress on existing tickets addressed below).
Also of note: as previously mentioned, the VuDL JIRA project has been removed due to obsolescence.
- #720 - merged - Simplification of format list display in Bootstrap3 themes.
- #721 - in progress - Work in progress on moving VuFind's OAI-PMH harvester to its own separate project.
- #722 - in progress - Improved geographic functionality.
- #725 - in progress - Improved Piwik tracking for lightbox behavior.
- #726 - in progress - Feature to optionally link call numbers to a specific AlphaBrowse handler.
- #727 - merged - Improved regular expression escaping in Query class.
- #728 - merged - Smarter session disabling.
- #729 - in progress - New PAIA ILS driver (including DAIA improvements).
- #730 - in progress - Support for new MoreLikeThis query handler in Solr.
- #731 - merged - Minor improvement to pickup location AJAX processing.
- #732 - in progress - Adds first/last options to next/previous record navigation.
Zombie.js Test Support Removed
As discussed last time, we have standardized VuFind's Mink integration tests on Selenium for consistency.
Embedded Records in Search Results / Lists
This functionality has been merged to master after more than a year of development.
2. Development Planning
- see PR #659
- no progress since last time
- see PR #693 for progress
- minor style improvements since last time
JS Code Styling with ESLint
- see PR #700
- rule set has been finalized, all style corrections have been applied, and this has been merged to master. There is a new Phing task (eslint-fix) to auto-fix many problems. Travis will now fail if problems are committed to a branch or PR.
General Status Update
Nothing else this cycle.
Next ZF Version
No news – still waiting for infrastructure updates at VU to get to next PHP version.
Improved Use of Permissions
No progress since last time – some outstanding test failures still need to be addressed.
Improved Geographic Features
Leila has opened PR #722 and discussion is underway there. Please feel free to test and comment.
Demian is interested in hearing from any current users of Google Maps functionality so it can be determined whether legacy support is needed or whether we can simply move forward to OpenLayers.
Release Date for 3.0.2
This will be released on July 5th. Please report any bugs before that date.
3. Institutional Home, Revisited
No news this week.
4. VuFind Summit 2016
It will be possible to have a joint session with the German VuFind meeting, but it will have to fall at 11am (ET) on day 2 (Tuesday) of the Summit. We should brainstorm the best use of this shared time.
One possibility: 15 minute talks from each end followed by group discussion. Demian is willing to report on day 1 activities. André and Oliver may be interested in talking about future features. This could lead to a joint roadmapping exercise to fill out the slot.
Demian will send an email to the mailing list and talk to the team at Villanova to solicit further ideas.
5. Other Topics?
The next call will be Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).