Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: July 5, 2016
Attending: Laurie Gemmill Arp, Matthias Edel, Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, André Lahmann, Jochen Lienhard, Brad Patton
1. Development Updates
- #734 - merged - Simplification of the new KohaILSDI driver.
- #736 - in progress - Lazy instantiation of Voyager database connection in ILS driver.
- #737 - merged - Minor improvement to VoyagerRestful driver.
- #739 - in progress - Refactoring to expire database rows in batches to avoid system overload.
- #740 - in progress - Improvements/fixes to “cancel hold” functionality
- #741 - in progress - Improvements to MixedList URL handling
- #744 - in progress - More fixes for compatibility with MySQL strict mode.
- #745 - merged - Expanded translations.
- #747 - merged - Adds standard method for removing items from cache in ILS drivers.
- #749 - merged - Minor fixes to links in help pages
- #750 - in progress - Expansion of the authority Solr index schema
- #751 - in progress - Improvements to favorite deletion
- #752 - in progress - AJAX method for retrieval of getOfflineMode value from ILS driver
This will go out later today, after some recent bug fixes are reviewed and (hopefully) merged.
2. Development Planning
- see PR #659
- Chris has simplified the PR to separate some more complex features to other branches, so we can get the more basic functionality merged more quickly.
- Chris has also put together a wiki page with details on the included tools. A second page will be created to collect community-contributed Grunt scripts that are out of scope for inclusion in master.
- see PR #693 for progress
- No new developments since last time.
General Status Update
Nothing else this time.
Demian has continued work on the OAI-PMH harvester project.
Next ZF Version
ZF 3.0 has been officially released; Villanova still waiting on PHP upgrades before investigating more closely.
Improved Use of Permissions
Improved Geographic Features
Leila has been doing some code cleanup; some issues waiting for Demian's input.
Tags and Case Sensitivity
Discussed VUFIND-1187. André voted for lowercase tags in the interest of maximizing collocation and easing sharing. Demian favors this as an easy first solution which does not rule out future introduction of optional case-sensitivity. Nobody else objected.
3. Institutional Home, Revisited
4. VuFind Summit 2016
Agilent Technologies has again contributed funds to help support the event. Jochen has sent a planning document to Demian regarding the joint session with the German Community Meeting; more on that next time.
5. Other Topics?
André announced that the feature/foundation5 branch is now up to date with release 3.0.1.
The next call will be Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).