Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: August 16, 2016
Attending: Chris Hallberg, Jochen Lienhard, Matthias Edel, Chris Delis
No additional thoughts or discussion on any topics during call, directed to PR links.
1. Development Updates
- #768 - in progress - Attempts to make the “fail over to NoILS driver” more reliable – further discussion needed.
- #769 - in progress - Attempt to unbundle Solr from the VuFind git repo, replacing the solr/vendor directory with a Phing task to auto-install the necessary files. Discussion needed on Windows implications.
- #770 - merged - Minor tweaks to solr.sh to ensure proper escaping of parameters.
- #773 - merged - Minor translation improvement.
- #774 - in progress - Improvements to the flexibility of displaying supplemental author data (beyond just relators).
- #776 - merged - Improvement to Google Maps support.
- #777 - merged - Elimination of dependency on hard-to-manage PDO_OCI PHP extension for Voyager ILS drivers.
- #778 - merged - Minor template adjustment to make holds display more consistent.
- #779 - merged - Minor correction to a comment in an XSLT.
- #780 - in progress - Improvements to Piwik tracking of combined searches.
2. Development Planning
- see PR #659
- see PR #757
- see PR #693 for progress
Remembering Facet Toggle Status
- see #775 for progress
General Status Update
Next ZF Version
The zendservice-amazon component is not going to be supported in the future. We may eventually want to have a conversation about the fate of VuFind's Amazon support. Is anyone using it?
Improved Use of Permissions
Improved Geographic Features
Demian and Leila have continued making progress on this branch. Some work to fix broken existing Google functionality has been merged to master.
Demian has continued to test the refactored SolrMarc code and has run into some problems with running out of memory on large MARC files (as well as a minor issue in which “-” characters in filenames cause errors). He will work with Bob Haschart to resolve both of these things.
Demian has developed a mechanism for downloading arbitrary Solr versions using Phing – see PR #769. We just need to decide whether this is acceptable before merging (especially given the current lack of Windows support – not a problem for packaged distributions, but potentially a challenge if anyone is deploying to Windows directly from Git).
Based on this mechanism, Demian has also done some preliminary testing of Solr 6.1.0 and initial results suggest that it will not offer significant obstacles to an eventual upgrade (apart from the known issue of raising the Java version requirement).
3. Institutional Home
Villanova continues to investigate options on this front.
4. VuFind Summit 2016
5. Other Topics?
The next call will be Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).