Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: August 30, 2016
Attending: Chris Delis, Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Carl Holand, Demian Katz, Ere Maijala, Irina, Rhian
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1187 - Tag case insensitivity problems have been addressed in master. Be sure to upgrade your database and confirm your case sensitivity settings when pulling the latest code.
- #782 - merged - Make profile page display pickup locations consistently with other screens.
- #784 - in progress - ReCaptcha support for comments.
- #785 - merged - Bug fix to query parsing.
- #786 - in progress - Work on adding configurable configuration inheritance to YAML files for similar functionality to .ini files.
- #787 - merged - Translation updates.
2. Development Planning
- see PR #659
- Made progress in collaboration with André.
- Progress on automatically finding/compiling LESS/SASS code.
- One change: the SASS file is now called scss rather than sass (for consistency with file extension).
- see PR #757
- Some recent discussion has taken place on the pull request regarding CSS issues and the location of the asset cache.
- see PR #693 for progress
- New interface elements are in place to add more channels from a drop-down.
Remembering Facet Toggle Status
- see #775 for progress
- This will be merged soon.
General Status Update
No other news.
Next ZF Version
[Carried forward from last time] The zendservice-amazon component is not going to be supported in the future. We may eventually want to have a conversation about the fate of VuFind's Amazon support. Is anyone using it?
Improved Use of Permissions
Improved Geographic Features
The geographic branch is getting a final polish; the main hold-up before merging is that we need to finish the SolrMarc upgrade.
Demian and Bob have been working on fixing some minor indexing bugs. As of this morning, all known issues appear to be resolved. More input from other users would be appreciated.
One note: while the new version greatly improves indexing performance, many VuFind users unfortunately will not see a significant speed-up because of the bottleneck of accessing MySQL for first_indexed/last_indexed data. There is probably still some speed benefit, but it is not nearly as dramatic when the database is involved.
Demian has begun the process of updating translation files for 3.1, so we will not merge any code which adds translation strings until after a release-3.1 branch has been established.
The new release is less than a month away. If you have code that you want to have included in 3.1, please make sure Demian is aware and answer any open questions on relevant tickets/pull requests as soon as possible. We will freeze code shortly after the next dev call.
3. Institutional Home
Conversations are ongoing on the VU end. No news to share yet.
4. VuFind Summit 2016
Only about two weeks remain before the call for proposals closes. If you wish to present (and get free registration), please let Demian know soon.
5. Other Topics?
None this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).