Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: September 13, 2016
Attending: Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, André Lahmann, Ere Maijala
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-652 - VuFind can now be configured to support MoreLikeThis on a sharded index, so this ticket has been closed.
- VUFIND-935 - VuFind is now configured to use eDisMax by default, as it is fully supported; thus, this ticket has been closed.
- VUFIND-1198 - This ticket was opened to track the task of fixing the cosmetic problem of inconsistent method capitalization in the code base.
2. Development Planning
- see PR #659
- Some minor adjustments have been made since last time; should be able to be merged soon.
- see PR #757
- More progress has been made on this, including caching files in a more convenient directory (which requires a change to httpd-vufind.conf Apache configuration).
- Demian hopes to review and, if no problems are found, merge soon.
- see PR #693 for progress
- No progress since last time – probably on hold until after 3.1 is released.
Remembering Facet Toggle Status
- see #775 – this has been merged.
General Status Update
No other news.
Next ZF Version
Improved Use of Permissions
Oliver has made some progress on PR #608. Work continues, and comments are welcomed.
Improved Geographic Features
Leila has continued to make progress on this. Demian hopes to take a look again soon after SolrMarc work is completed. Coming soon to Git: labels added to search results on map along with some other minor improvements. Leila hopes to have this functionally done by end of week for merging purposes.
SolrMarc now supports multiple indexer threads for even faster performance. Demian has been working with Bob to eliminate some last-minute bugs and inconsistencies, but things are progressing well.
National Library of Finland upgraded to 6.2 and encountered some strange behavior related to regular DisMax (not eDisMax) where words that are split into multiple tokens (e.g. hyphenated words). The problem was solved by switching from DisMax to eDisMax – the root cause of the DisMax problems has not been deeply investigated yet.
Merging for 3.1 is wrapping up – Demian hopes that the SolrMarc update will be completed shortly so that it can be rolled into a few other PR's that include indexing changes, simplifying the process of future VuFind development. Plans may need to be adjusted if the SolrMarc release is not wrapped up very soon, but hopefully it will not come to that.
3. Institutional Home
Conversations are ongoing – no news this week.
4. VuFind Summit 2016
This is the final week for talk submissions, so please send them in if you wish to present (and get free registration). Once the proposal deadline has passed, Demian will announce a final schedule.
5. Other Topics?
Ere is working on an improved Sierra driver that uses the Restful API; PR coming soon.
The next call will be Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).