Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: November 8, 2016
Attending: Matthias Edel, Leila Gonzales, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Jochen Lienhard, Ere Maijala
1. Development Updates
- #842 - merged - Fix to password recovery to work better with ChoiceAuth.
- #843 - merged - MultiBackend ILS driver support for new account block functionality.
- #844 - merged - Removal of the jquerymobile theme.
- #845 - merged - Mechanism for serving static (but i18n-capable) pages through VuFind.
- #846 - merged - Minor ILS driver tweak to make getRequestGroups() more flexible.
- #847 - merged - Minor VoyagerRestful ILS driver tweak to make callslip retrieval more flexible.
- #848 - in progress - Minor adjustments to clean up KohaILSDI driver.
- #849 - merged - Update PHPUnit version in composer.json for improved PHP 7 compatibility.
- #850 - in progress - Proposed changes to the interface of the UrlQueryHelper used for creating/modifying VuFind search parameters. See comment on PR for summary of discussion on this call.
The release went out on time.
2. Development Planning
The GitHub Projects interface has been filled in. Please take a look and let us know (on mailing lists/Slack) if you have feedback.
Breaking Up Templates
PR #829 remains open for feedback. Further work is still needed for EDS compatibility.
Progress continues in #819. Refactoring is complete; now tests are being written and some issues are being worked through along the way.
Demian has implemented some of the features discussed at the 2016 Summit, but some further bug-fixing and interface tweaking are still needed before we can merge. Please test #693!
Next ZF Version
No news; still waiting for progress on various ZF pull requests.
Improved Use of Permissions
jquerymobile has been removed. Demian plans to merge #824 (console route simplification) soon unless anyone objects.
Other Front End Updates
"One search box" proposal
PR #814 close to being ready to merge.
Minor Improvement to Autocomplete
3. Institutional Home
4. Next Meeting Date
We have chosen to skip the next meeting due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
5. Other Topics?
Ere's Solr PR to fix MoreLikeThis is still open (SOLR-9644). If anyone has contacts in the Solr community, please encourage them to review/merge this.
The next call will be Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 9am Eastern Standard Time (14:00 GMT).