Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: December 6, 2016
Attending: Matthias Edel, Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Brad Patton
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1214 - This reports a PostgreSQL database bug that will be corrected in release 3.1.2.
- VUFIND-1215 - This ticket includes detailed discussion of refactoring VuFind's favorites capabilities to support integration with a third-party service called PUMA.
- VUFIND-1216 - This ticket discusses better ILS integration for EDS records.
- #851 - in progress - Proposed backward incompatible changes to the UrlQueryHelper interface.
- #852 - merged - Translation improvement.
- #853 - in progress - New mechanism for attaching semantics to flash messages.
- #854 - merged - Support for arbitrary Solr JVM options through an environment variable supported by solr.sh/solr.bat
- #855 - merged - Fix for an edge-case bug related to sessions in directory-based multi-site VuFind instances
- #856 - merged - Minor Piwik bug fix
- #857 - merged - Removal of a local National Library of Finland customization accidentally committed to master (in EZProxy authentication handler)
- #858 - merged - Minor bug fix to Collections home page
- #859 - merged - Minor bug fix to MARC handling in SolrMarc record driver
- #860 - in progress - Improvements to translation strings to allow more accurate translations.
- #861 - merged - Refactoring of ILS-specific functionality from SolrMarc record driver to a trait that can be more easily reused.
- #862 - in progress - Refactoring to reduce redundancy in the PAIA driver.
2. Development Planning
Breaking Up Templates
The code in PR #829 to allow more granular generation of tabular data in record driver displays has continued to evolve. A support class now exists to build and reformat the specification used by the new RecordDataFormatter view helper to generate output.
PR #819 has continued to develop, with a few more fixes made and several test classes added. It should be ready to merge if no one objects. Demian plans to merge early next week if no objections are made.
Work continues on #693. Some bugs have been fixed, but some new ones still need to be resolved. We have also changed the way links are associated with channels to allow for more flexible selection of labels and icons for links, rather than trying to fit all options into two specific categories.
Next ZF Version
Server upgrades at Villanova are progressing well. We should soon (at last) be in a position to raise the PHP version requirement and move forward with this. May still be a matter of weeks or months, and there will have to be some disruption of the continuous integration server as part of the process, but we're much closer now.
Improved Use of Permissions
Demian has made progress on the “unbundle Solr” pull request (#769) which will make the Solr 6 upgrade easier to accomplish. The README has been updated to reflect the new dependency-install step, and the Phing task for downloading and installing Solr has been improved to function correctly under Windows (which Demian had not originally thought possible). Demian will merge this early next week if no one objects.
Chris is beginning work on removing the built-in statistics functionality.
Other Front End Updates
"One search box" proposal
#814 has been merged.
The autocomplete library used by VuFind has been moved from Chris' personal repo into vufind-org on GitHub.
3. Institutional Home
Conversations are ongoing.
4. Other Topics?
For next time: 3.1.2 release date.
The next call will be Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 9am Eastern Standard Time (14:00 GMT).